OMV Group Report January – December and Q4 2021
including preliminary consolidated financial statements as of December 31, 2021
Key Performance Indicators 1
- Clean CCS Operating Result rose sharply to EUR 2,001 mn, fueled by better performance in all segments.
- Clean CCS net income attributable to stockholders of the parent amounted to EUR 1,018 mn; clean CCS Earnings Per Share were EUR 3.11.
- Cash flow from operating activities excluding net working capital effects more than quadrupled to EUR 3,455 mn, primarily due to a more favorable market environment and the Borealis contribution boosted by dividend distributions from Abu Dhabi Polymers Company Limited (Borouge).
- Organic free cash flow before dividends totaled EUR 2,024 mn.
- Clean CCS ROACE stood at 13%.
- Total Recordable Injury Rate (TRIR) was 0.96.
- Dividend per share of EUR 2.30 proposed , up 24% compared to the previous year.
Exploration & Production
- Production grew by 19 kboe/d to 491 kboe/d.
- Production cost increased by 2% to USD 6.4/boe.
Refining & Marketing
- OMV refining indicator margin Europe improved considerably to USD 6.3/bbl.
- Natural gas sales volumes rose by 5% to 53.0 TWh.
Chemicals & Materials
- Polyethylene indicator margin Europe increased by 21% to EUR 458/t; polypropylene indicator margin Europe grew by 70% to EUR 690/t.
- Polyolefin sales volumes decreased by 5% to 1.49 mn t.
- On February 2, 2022: Borealis received a binding offer from EuroChem for the acquisition of Borealis’ fertilizer, melamine and technical nitrogen business
- On December 20, 2021: OMV scales up innovative ReOil® recycling technology at Schwechat refinery
- On December 17, 2021: OMV closes the sale of its stake in the Norwegian oil field Wisting
- On December 16, 2021: OMV again awarded leadership score in CDP Climate Change
- On December 3, 2021: OMV and Austrian Airlines are taking off with Sustainable Aviation Fuel
- On November 23, 2021: OMV listed in Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the fourth straight year
- On November 15, 2021: Khaled bin Mohamed bin Zayed witnesses signing of USD 6.2 billion strategic partnership between ADNOC and Borealis to expand Borouge facility
- On October 13, 2021: OMV announces redemption of the NC6 Hybrid Notes 2015
1Figures reflect the Q4/21 period; all comparisons described relate to the same quarter in the previous year except where otherwise mentioned
OMV Group Report January - December and Q4 2021 (PDF, 2,3 MB)