Group Report January–September and Q3 2023 including condensed consolidated interim financial statements as of September 30, 2023
OMV, the integrated energy, fuels & feedstock and chemicals & materials company headquartered in Vienna, Austria, achieved a Clean CCS Operating Result of approximately EUR 4.6 billion in the first nine months of 2023, representing a decline compared to the amount achieved in the extraordinary year of 2022. This year continued to be characterized by the ongoing effects of geopolitical conflicts, economic challenges, and the unfavorable cyclical development of some business areas. This in part led to falling raw material and energy prices, which had a significant impact on profit margins.
OMV CEO, Alfred Stern: “We have delivered a resilient set of earnings - our second highest set of 9-month results since recording - and a steady cash flow to support our growth projects. We have witnessed a normalization of our results in the first nine months of 2023 as commodity prices have fallen from the unsustainably high levels seen in the previous year. Additionally, there has been a softening in the chemicals sector driven by weaker consumer demand. We have continued consistently on our strategic path to deliver on our transformation, including the diversification of gas supply sources ensuring a reliable supply to customers, new SAF contracts with Europe’s leading airlines, and the start-up of the Baystar polyethylene plant in Texas, USA.”
Key Performance Indicators*
- Clean CCS Operating Result lessened to EUR 4,592 mn
- Clean CCS net income attributable to stockholders of the parent decreased to EUR 1,928 mn; clean CCS Earnings Per Share were EUR 5.90
- Cash flow from operating activities excluding net working capital effects declined to EUR 3,495 mn
- Organic free cash flow totaled EUR 2,125 mn
- Clean CCS ROACE stood at 12%
- Total Recordable Injury Rate (TRIR) was 1.30
Chemicals & Materials
- Polyethylene indicator margin Europe decreased to EUR 326/t, polypropylene indicator margin Europe declined to EUR 366/t
- Polyolefin sales volumes stable at 4.24 mn t
Fuels & Feedstock
- OMV refining indicator margin Europe decreased to USD 12.24/bbl
- Fuels and other sales volumes Europe were higher at 12.01 mn t
- Production lowered by 30 kboe/d to 364 kboe/d
- Production cost increased by 19% to USD 9.36/boe
Notes: Figures in the following tables may not add up due to rounding differences.
* Figures reflect 1-9/23 period; all comparisons described relate to the first nine months in the previous year except where otherwise mentioned.
Group Report January–September and Q3 2023: Publications | Quarterly publications & annual reports | OMV.com
At OMV, we are re-inventing essentials for sustainable living. OMV is transitioning to become a leading sustainable fuels, chemicals and materials company with a focus on circular economy solutions, while operating today across three integrated business segments of Energy, Fuels & Feedstock, and Chemicals & Materials. By gradually switching over to low-carbon businesses, OMV is striving to achieve net zero by latest 2050. The company achieved revenues of EUR 62 billion in 2022 and has a diverse and talented workforce of around 22,300 employees worldwide. OMV shares are traded on the Vienna Stock Exchange (OMV) and as American Depository Receipts (OMVKY) in the U.S. Further information at www.omv.com