including condensed consolidated financial statements as of December 31, 2017
OMV News, February 21, 2018 - 07:00 am (CET)
Key Performance Indicators1
- Clean CCS Operating Result increased by 67% to EUR 688 mn
- Clean CCS net income attributable to stockholders amounted to EUR 367 mn,
clean CCS Earnings Per Share were EUR 1.12
- Strong free cash flow after dividend payments at EUR 1 bn in 2017
- High cash flow from operating activities of EUR 3.4 bn in 2017
- Cost savings target exceeded: In 2017, cost savings of EUR 330 mn versus 2015 achieved
- Clean CCS ROACE at 14%
- Dividend Per Share of EUR 1.50 2 proposed; increase of 25% compared with the previous year
- Record level of production at 377 kboe/d, up by 63 kboe/d
- Production cost decreased by 15% to USD 8.8/boe
- OMV indicator refining margin at USD 5.7/bbl
- Natural gas sales increased to 31 TWh
- On November 30, 2017, OMV completed the acquisition of a 24.99% share in the Yuzhno Russkoye natural gas field located in Western Siberia from Uniper SE. The purchase price paid by OMV to Uniper amounts to EUR 1,719 mn (includes customary closing adjustments). The transaction takes retroactive economic effect as of January 1, 2017, and was largely funded out of proceeds generated from disposals and OMV’s strong cash flow.
- On December 6, 2017, OMV closed the purchase of 40% in SMATRICS, Austria’s leading complete provider for all services related to electro-mobility, having fulfilled the pre-agreed conditions including approval from the authorities.
1 Figures reflect the Q4/17 period; all comparisons described relate to the same quarter in the previous year except where mentioned otherwise
2 As proposed by the Executive Board; subject to confirmation by the Supervisory Board and the Annual General Meeting 2018
Webcast: OMV Results January - December and Q4 2017 (omv-streaming.com)
Video: Statement CEO Rainer Seele - Review 2017 (www.youtube.com)
Video: Statement CEO Rainer Seele - Outlook 2018 (www.youtube.com)
OMV is producing and marketing oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions – in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 20 bn and a workforce of around 20,700 employees in 2017, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria’s largest listed industrial companies. In Upstream, OMV has a strong base in Romania and Austria and a balanced international portfolio, with the North Sea, the Middle East & Africa and Russia as further core regions. 2017 daily production stood at approximately 348,000 boe/d. In Downstream, OMV operates three refineries with a total annual processing capacity of 17.8 mn tonnes and more than 2,000 filling stations in ten countries as of year-end 2017. OMV operates a gas pipeline network in Austria and gas storage facilities in Austria and Germany. In 2017, gas sales volumes amounted to 113 TWh.