OMV Group Report January–December and Q4 2018
including preliminary condensed consolidated financial statements as of December 31, 2018
- Clean CCS Operating Result increased by 53% to EUR 1,053 mn
- Clean CCS net income attributable to stockholders amounted to EUR 490 mn, clean CCS Earnings Per Share were EUR 1.50
- High cash flow from operating activities of EUR 1,117 mn
- Strong organic free cash flow after dividends of EUR 489 mn
- Clean CCS ROACE at 13%
- Cost savings of more than EUR 100 mn versus 2017 achieved
- Dividend Per Share of EUR 1.75 proposed; increase of 17% compared to the previous year
- Production rose by 70 kboe/d to 447 kboe/d
- Production cost decreased by 29% to USD 6.3/boe
- OMV indicator refining margin stood at USD 5.2/bbl
- Natural gas sales increased by 5% to 32.7 TWh
- On January 31, 2019, OMV and Sapura Energy Berhad closed the agreement to form a strategic partnership. OMV paid USD 540 mn for its 50% interest in the new joint venture company SapuraOMV Upstream Sdn. Bhd. In addition, the parties agreed to an additional consideration of up to USD 85 mn. The new entity, SapuraOMV Upstream Sdn. Bhd. will be fully consolidated in OMV’s financial statements.
- On January 27, 2019, OMV signed agreements for a 15% share in ADNOC Refining. The estimated purchase price for OMV amounts to approximately USD 2.5 bn based on 2018 year-end net debt. The final purchase price is dependent on the net debt as of closing and certain working capital adjustments.
- On December 28, 2018, OMV closed the acquisition of Shell’s Upstream business in New Zealand comprising joint venture interests in Pohokura (48%) and Maui (83.75%) as well as related infrastructure. The economic effective date of the transaction was January 1, 2018. The purchase price was USD 579 mn.
- On December 17, 2018, OMV communicated the production start of the Aasta Hansteen gas field. Production will reach a plateau of approximately 20 kboe/d net to OMV. The total capital investment in the Aasta Hansteen project is approximately EUR 4 bn (EUR 600 mn net to OMV).